The refactoring has been continuing for Tapestry. I've been working for weeks, adding features and doing the refactoring needed to support the Servlet API and the Portlet API simulateneously.
Over five years ago (yowza!) when I was first working on Tapestry, there was a point early on where I had to code for well over a week just to get to "Hello World". In retrospect, that was a sprint and this is a marathon ... also, I don't code the same way anymore (writing tests as you go is a slower process that gets your to your destination faster).
Regardless, in the next couple of days, I should get to "Hello World", Portlet style. Of course, that's just part of my to do list:
- Write some Tapestry articles/tutorials for DeveloperWorks
- Create some Ajax components
- Learn Trails
- Create a Trails presentation for NoFluffJustStuff
- Writes some more labs
- Learn enough about JSF to compare it to Tapestry properly
- Get the Tapestry Support Network up and running
- Create a forum/community/component-bazaar application for the Tapestry Support Network
The worst is, I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of things!