I spent some time yesterday revamping the Tapestry 5 Tutorial; you can see the updates at the nightly build site.
In short order we turned the Address object into a Hibernate entity, and stored it in a MySQL database, then used a Grid to show the added Addresses. Later improvements to the Tutorial will show editting and removal of Addresses.
I think the correct reaction to this would be "Dude, where's my code?". The application code for this app is so small you'd think something was missing. But that's what's Tapestry is all about ... providing the structure so that the framework can do the busy work.
I also updated some of the existing screen shots to show the "error bubbles" style of client-side validation that's been in T5 for quite some time.
People have been pining for a 5.0.12 release, but I'm glad I've been holding it back; I've been having a chance to fix bugs, and finding many annoyances as I work on a client project. Working in earnest on a project is always the best way to find the rough edges, and the end result is much more polished.
I think I must be a harsher critic of Tapestry than most; I frequently add bugs along the lines of "when I screw up, Tapestry should tell me how to fix it".