For about $20, Blazing Tools Software's Instance Source is completly worth it.
It's a plugin for Internet Explorer that provides a real view-source window that is so chock-full of features I already can't live without it. Here's a few:
- Colorized source as sent from the server
- Colorized source as currently in browser (i.e., accounting for
- Frame aware -- different frames / framesets in different tabs
- Element under cursor -- point the cursor at some text and see the HTML for it (yow!)
- Selected text -- select some text, see HTML for selection
Basically, this is what I've always needed in my browser to help me debug HTML ... no more having to save HTML to the desktop to disect them, no more guessing what the HTML really looks like, no more frame pain. This is just too cool.