I'm now interested in putting together a real community to bring HiveMind forward. This will mean putting together a real proposal to move HiveMind out of the sandbox and into Jakarta commons proper. A community around HiveMind would be a good start.
My vision for HiveMind going forward:
- Select a starting contributors community. Me, Essl, Bill Lear?, Harish?, David Solis?
- Move to Jakarta commons w/ a charter, voting and all the dressing. Yea! More administration!
- Move the source code over from sandbox to proper. Reorganize it into a Maven multiproject
- Progress to a 1.0 release
- (In parallel) Begin to add additional sub-projects to wrap common code as resuable HiveMind modules. Examples: object pools, database pools, Lucene?, Betwixt?, Hibernate, etc.
- Conquer the world, and all that
So, if interested, drop me an e-mail or post to the Jakarta Commons Developers list.